Sunday, February 13, 2011

For marbles

In the Netherlands children bring some treats to school on their birthday. Usually these are sweets, but it is more preferred to bring something healthy.
For my 5th birthday my mother made a small bag for marbles for each of the children.
The past years she made them also for her sister, who is a teacher in primary education.

I like this tradition so much that I decided to do the same for my daughter, and I will do the same later for my son. It is a very rewarding task. It's a lot of fun to design 30+ of such bags. I made two different shapes:

These have a circle at the bottem to which I've attached a rectangle. The other one where flat, leaving more room for decorations:




It is a fun project, especially using some scraps of my favorite fabric.

No comments: