Monday, October 24, 2011

WIP: granny square bag 2

I made my first squares of my granny square bag and since I don't like the "putting it together" at the end and the "weaving the loose ends" I try to do this as much as possible during the proces.

Here is the current status; its already starting to look like a bag....:

 


I started with the small squares with a rose in the middle, of which I took 4 to form one square. The pattern/tutorial is from Rose Hip.



 I thought that it would be too much roses if I would do all the blocks like this, so I decided to make a block with only one, but a little bit larger rose. I adjusted the pattern of Rose Hip, by adding a third ring of petals to it. Just like the second row, but now 4 chains instead of 3 and * 1sc, 7dc, 1sc * for each petal. The background color was attached to the second ring of petals just like in the pattern for the smaller rose.

At "the back" of the bag I used blocks in 2D rather than 3D. As a basis I took the "Somalia" from Nadelspiel. It comes with a youtube instruction. I will make four of these squares.
Because I'm using my scraps, not all the yarn is of the same thickness, so I have to cheat here and there. In the middle of the Somalia's I put a block with four friendship rings. It is from a pattern on allfreecrochetafghanpatterns. The pattern is quite easy although I misread at some point and that took me some time to figure out.

 Now still four blocks and the handles to go, of which one is on its way.

No comments: