Monday, October 17, 2011

Projects

For the next months I've set myself three projects:

  1. Green groceries
  2. Green wrapping
  3. Marble bags
1. Green groceries
My goal:  to take no plastic bags anymore in shops

Our supermarket shopping was already 99% green. That is we always take reusible bags etcetera with us. Only for the unexpected shopping I had to buy a new one or take some plastic bags. However with the other shopping still a considerable amount of plastic bags come into our house (which we already try to reuse as much as possible).
To reduce also this use of plastic bags, I started to make some shopping totes from fabric. Nice to try the different pattern that are out there, reuse some favorite scrap fabric. And it seems to be a prerequisite to reach my goal.

2. Green wrapping
My goal: to wrap at least half of the gifts eco-friendly

With the holiday season approaching I'd like to try to wrap the Sinterklaas and X-mass gifts eco-friendly. Especially the Sinterklaas will be difficult as I will have to explain why Sinterklaas is not using paper wrapping this year and does this only in our household.

3. Marble bags
My goal: 35 bags before june next year

For the birthday of my youngest I want to make 35 marble bags for the children in his class. The last time I noticed that when you do them all in the last month it is getting rather boring to make them. So this time I will start early.

No comments: