Here is the current status; its already starting to look like a bag....:
I started with the small squares with a rose in the middle, of which I took 4 to form one square. The pattern/tutorial is from Rose Hip.
I thought that it would be too much roses if I would do all the blocks like this, so I decided to make a block with only one, but a little bit larger rose. I adjusted the pattern of Rose Hip, by adding a third ring of petals to it. Just like the second row, but now 4 chains instead of 3 and * 1sc, 7dc, 1sc * for each petal. The background color was attached to the second ring of petals just like in the pattern for the smaller rose.
At "the back" of the bag I used blocks in 2D rather than 3D. As a basis I took the "Somalia" from Nadelspiel. It comes with a youtube instruction. I will make four of these squares.
pattern on allfreecrochetafghanpatterns. The pattern is quite easy although I misread at some point and that took me some time to figure out.
Now still four blocks and the handles to go, of which one is on its way.